A functional piece that speaks volumes. Some buy them for their business. We’ve sold several that went into the bedroom. No comment.
Blair & Jen first came up with the sign for their Chautauqua pop-up shop in 2018. It’s glowing message and humor drew people into Rosie’s alternate universe. We are all about smiles, positivity and great design. This sign says relax. There’s still fun and humor in the world.
In 2019 the sign caught the eye of a Hollywood location scout. A few months later Sony/ Tristar was filming the Kristen Stewart movie Happiest Season in Rosie’s at Ross Park Mall. And the original Very Open Sign is prominently featured during the shoplifting scene.
We achieve the look of a warm vintage backlit sign with frosted Plexiglas and individual light bulbs causing the classic hot spots. Sign makers frown at this given all the new technology available… but we think it just looks cooler!
Rosie’s famous Very Open Sign details:
- 22″ tall, 12.5″ wide, 8″ deep
- Base: 7″ diameter
- Made from repurposed 1960s Exit Sign, vintage gum ball stand
- Rosie red badge
- Proudly made in Chautauqua, NY USA
- Made with the finest new lighting components available:
- Includes two (2) LED lightbulbs 40W equivalent with 2700K warm light
- Toggle on-off switch supports 120 volts
- 12-foot vintage inspired fabric cord with 3-prong plug for grounded safety circuit
- Heavy duty E26 socket, standard medium socket
- Maximum 150 watts
- All parts are UL component listed (c UR us) for United States and Canada
- Please note: Each sign is a little different and will not match the pictures exactly. The sign while clean and complete will have 50 to 80 years of wear and patina that gives it awesome character! Contact us with questions.