Interesting and original desk, bookshelf, accent light made from a vintage 8mm projector of long ago. This projector was made in the 1950s by the DeJUR-Amsco Corporation in Long Island City, New York. The design followed the modernist design movement with curving lines and grey finish against Bakelite controls. See below for detailed story.
This projector has a solid base with a flush heavy duty socket holding a large Edison filament bulb.
Rosie original vintage camera light:
- Measurements: 22.25″ tall, 12″wide, 7.5″ deep
- Rosie red badge
- Certificate of authenticity that includes the story behind the camera
- Includes a super large 16-inch spiral incandescent Edison light bulb
- Proudly made in Chautauqua, NY USA
This accent/ desk light is made with the finest new lighting components available. This includes:
- Eight (8) foot long vintage inspired fabric cord with 2-prong plug
- Fully functional in-line dimmer switch good for up to 120 volts
- Heavy duty E26 Bakelite socket (standard light bulb socket)
- Brand new warm comforting incandescent Edison light bulb from Bulb Bright. It is 60 watts with spiral filament pattern. Light bulb rated for 3,000 hours. Click here to purchase replacement bulbs.
- Maximum 100 watts
- All parts are UL component listed (c UR us) for United States and Canada
We start with the vintage camera we procure through various camera and antiques dealers nationwide. It has been sitting in an attic or basement for 50+ years and is non-functioning. We lovingly visually restore it with the following:
- Removal of nicotine, mold, mildew with various solvents
- Dissemble and clean the lenses and optics
- Metal polishing using various cleaners and polishing agents
- Leather cleaning, repair and conditioning
- Please note: Each light is a little different and will not match the pictures exactly. The camera while clean and complete will have 50 to 80 years of wear and patina that gives it awesome character! Think of all the memories the thing captured. Contact us with questions.