This accent/ desk light is made with the finest new lighting components available. This includes:
- Eight (8) foot long vintage inspired fabric cord with 2-prong plug
- Fully functional in-line dimmer switch good for up to 120 volts
- Heavy duty metal and chrome E26 socket (standard light bulb socket)
- Brand new warm comforting incandescent Edison light bulb hand-spun from the PL&T company in Garland, TX. It is 40 watts with unique filament pattern. Light bulb rated for 3,000 hours. Click here to purchase replacement bulbs.
- Maximum 100 watts
We start with the vintage camera we procure through various camera and antiques dealers nationwide. It has been sitting in an attic or basement for 50+ years and is non-functioning. We lovingly visually restore it with the following:
- Removal of nicotine, mold, mildew with various solvents
- Dissemble and clean the lenses and optics
- Metal polishing using various cleaners and polishing agents
- Leather cleaning, repair and conditioning
- Please note: Each light is a little different and will not match the pictures exactly. The camera while clean and complete will have 50 to 80 years of wear and patina that gives it awesome character! Think of all the memories the thing captured. Contact us with questions.
Ruth Orkin was a photographer for Look and Life magazines and is credited with breaking into the heavily male dominated field of photojournalism. She is also one of the pioneers of street photography enabled by the quality and small size of the Kodak Retina cameras.
Norman Rockwell also used the Retina to capture scenes. Rockwell is known to have always started with a photograph to create his paintings, particularly. Below are some of his pictures he took with the Retina and then painted the scene for the cover of the Saturday Evening Post.
In 1931 Kodak bought the Nagel Camera Werks AG. Their goal was to make high-end cameras. They kept August Nagel on, leaving design and production in Stuttgart Germany. He created the Kodak Retina series. One of the first cameras to use 35mm still film.
It was a huge success and the Retina series of cameras were used by many professional photographers for on-the-street candid shots. The quality was excellent. They featured the finest East German lens glass.