Interesting and original floor light from an iconic and historical camera. The camera is the large format version Speed Graphic with adjustable bellows. Many famous photographs have been taken with Speed Graphic cameras including The Flag Raising Over Iwo Jima.
The camera is complete but not functioning. It is mounted on a heavy-duty tripod with classic adjustment controls. Quality new lighting components include heavy chrome base, vintage inspired fabric cord with 3-way switch. In this design we feed the electrical cord through the camera body and run the cord up the tripod for flexible placement in your room.
Rosie original vintage camera floor light:
- 55" tall as shown (height is adjustmentable using tripod), 10" wide, 16" deep
- 8" heavy duty harp and finial
- 2-tiered fiberglass lamp shade. Ivory colored with a gold matchstick pattern. The larger tier measures 15 inches in diameter and is 7 inches tall and the smaller tier is 12 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches tall. Total height of shade: 9"
- Rosie red badge
- The camera is a vintage Speed Graphic 4x5, most of its parts are non-functioning. We have visually restored the body and its controls to make a fine quality floor light.
- Proudly made in Chautauqua, NY USA
This floor light is made with the finest new lighting components available. This includes:
- Eight (8) foot long vintage inspired fabric cord with 2-prong plug
- 3-way switch supports both 120 volts and 240 volts
- Heavy duty metal and chrome E26 socket, standard medium socket, with a heavy-duty harp and finial
- Includes Cree 3-way LED lightbulb 40/60/100-watt equivalent with 2700K warm light
- Maximum 150 watts
- All parts are UL component listed (c UR us) for United States and Canada
We start with the vintage camera we procure through various camera and antiques dealers nationwide. It has been sitting in an attic or basement for 50+ years and is mechanically not working and non-functioning. We lovingly visually restore it with the following:
- Removal of nicotine, mold, mildew with various solvents
- Dissemble and clean the lenses and optics
- Leather cleaning, repair and conditioning
- Metal polishing using various cleaners and polishing agents
- Please note: Each light is a little different and will not match the pictures exactly. The camera while clean and complete will have 50 to 80 years of wear and patina that gives it awesome character! Think of all the memories the thing captured. Contact us with questions.