We take your privacy and the security of your data very seriously. We want to let you know what kind of personal information we collect, how it’s handled, and who else may see it.
We collect anonymous data about site visitors to help us understand how you found Rosie’s Workshop and what info you find most valuable. Your IP address, generic info about the type of browser, computer/device, ISP, and location is tracked to assist with content creation and provide better security.
- Google Analytics – so we can discover the type of content you find most engaging
- GoDaddy Hosting provider and CDN– kept in the server logs so the host and CDN can identify and stop bad bot attacks
- YouTube – if you view a YouTube embedded video on the site, the IP info is sent to YouTube to record that the video has been viewed, just as it would if you had watched it directly on YouTube
We use MailChimp to send out our Rosie Email Newsletters. We do not sell or share your email address or other info with anyone. This includes Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and any other social media platform.
Your email is on our list because (1) you signed up in person at Rosie’s Workshop or (2) you subscribed via the website.
When you give permission to subscribe, your email address will be stored on MailChimp’s servers. You can access your info any time by clicking the Manage Subscription link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
You can disable cookies through your own browser settings. Check with the browser vendor for more info on how to do that, if you wish.
Ecommerce Store Tracking
We temporarily track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address, and browser type: we use this for purposes of estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we ask you to enter this so we can estimate shipping before you place an order
When you purchase from us, we ask you for your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
We typically store information (not credit card/ payment details) about you for as long as we are legally required to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 10 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses but not credit card/ payment details.
We process online and in-store payments through Square which is PCI compliant. We do not see or retain any credit card/ payment information. Some of your data will be passed to Square and third party financial institutions, including info required to process and support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information. Your data (including credit card/ payment details) may be retained by third party financial institutions and Square.
You’re welcome to contact us directly with any concerns you may have about your info that is collected through the site.